all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* read eamcs source code
@ 2008-12-31  5:05 zyk
From: zyk @ 2008-12-31  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hey,all.
    Sorry to intrude into the list, but the initial aim to join here is
to get more information of developing emacs .
    As i decided to study the GNU software , i got down to use the emacs
first . It's really outstanding, intelligent.
    And i looked into the emacs C source code , i understood some parts
but without a deep thorough
    understanding . So far , i looked at some code in emacs.c alloc.c
keyboard.c etc , but i really find it hard to move
    without someone's instruction or explain . So i got in here , i
don't mean to ask questions directly in here,
     but to see if there is someone with a willing of meaningful
instructions or "compass" . Any ideas ? Thanks .
    All sounds from u will really be appreciated.

     Best Regards.  zyk

* Re: read eamcs source code
@ 2008-12-31 14:53 ` Lennart Borgman
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2008-12-31 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zyk; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 6:05 AM, zyk <zhouyinkun@19lou.com> wrote:
> Hey,all.
>     Sorry to intrude into the list, but the initial aim to join here is to
> get more information of developing emacs .

Sounds nice. Did you look in the file below?

   emacs/etc/CONTRIBUTE

* Re: read eamcs source code
@ 2008-12-31 15:07   ` zyk
From: zyk @ 2008-12-31 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: emacs-devel

Lennart Borgman wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 6:05 AM, zyk <zhouyinkun@19lou.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey,all.
>>     Sorry to intrude into the list, but the initial aim to join here is to
>> get more information of developing emacs .
>>

> Sounds nice. Did you look in the file below?
>
>    emacs/etc/CONTRIBUTE

Thanks.

* read eamcs source code
@ 2008-12-31 15:47 ` Stephen J. Turnbull
From: Stephen J. Turnbull @ 2008-12-31 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zyk; +Cc: emacs-devel

zyk writes:

 > So far , i looked at some code in emacs.c alloc.c keyboard.c etc ,
 > but i really find it hard to move without someone's instruction or
 > explain . So i got in here , i don't mean to ask questions directly
 > in here, but to see if there is someone with a willing of
 > meaningful instructions or "compass" . Any ideas ? Thanks .

http://www.xemacs.org/Documentation/21.5/html/internals.html

Wrong Emacs, much of the implementation differs, but most of the basic
concepts are very similar.  AFAIK nothing like it exists for GNU
Emacs.  YMMV.

* Re: read eamcs source code
@ 2008-12-31 17:17 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-12-31 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zyk; +Cc: emacs-devel

>     but to see if there is someone with a willing of meaningful instructions
> or "compass" . Any ideas ? Thanks .

We have a live-manual.  It's called emacs-devel@gnu.org.
You can stick to just reading it, but you can skip to a specific chapter
by simply sending an email asking for it ;-)

* Re: read eamcs source code
@ 2008-12-31 18:12   ` zyk
From: zyk @ 2008-12-31 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier, stephen; +Cc: emacs-devel

Stefan Monnier wrote:
>>     but to see if there is someone with a willing of meaningful instructions
>> or "compass" . Any ideas ? Thanks .
>>

> We have a live-manual.  It's called emacs-devel@gnu.org.
> You can stick to just reading it, but you can skip to a specific chapter
> by simply sending an email asking for it ;-)
>

>         Stefan

Happy New Year , Guys !

Thanks. Hmm, actually i'm reading the Emacs reference manual ,
the section "Emacs Internal" helps much though short . I have
xemacs source too , and read some pieces , hehe ..

* Re: read eamcs source code
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-01-09 10:04 ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2009-01-09 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zyk; +Cc: emacs-devel

() zyk <zhouyinkun@19lou.com>
() Wed, 31 Dec 2008 13:05:43 +0800

   Any ideas ?

If you want to learn well, you need to know your learning style.
What is your learning style?

thi