Michal writes: > Indeed it can be saved without warning message when I change my coding > system iso-latin-2-unix to utf-8-unix, but the problem is that emacs 22 > when it didn't allow me to write such strange '"' characters in > iso-latin-2-unix buffer it jumped to the strange character and suggested > to change coding system for whole buffer. Then I just could replace such > character with 'legal' one or just change the coding system. Emacs 23 > just leaves me with message > > apply: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil You should report the bug. Cheers. Charles -- "MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten years of careful development." (By dmeggins@aix1.uottawa.ca)