all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Change Face of Tab Character?
@ 2009-08-12 14:09 Tim Visher
From: Tim Visher @ 2009-08-12 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to change the face of a tab character to have red background.
 Is this possible?

Thanks.

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.

http://burningones.com/
http://five.sentenc.es/ - Spend less time on e-mail

* RE: Change Face of Tab Character?
@ 2009-08-12 14:25 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2009-08-12 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Tim Visher', 'emacs'

> I'd like to change the face of a tab character to have red background.

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ShowWhiteSpace

For example,
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/show-wspace.el
then customize face `show-ws-tab'.

* Re: Change Face of Tab Character?
       [not found] <mailman.4466.1250086184.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-08-12 14:28 ` Teemu Likonen
From: Teemu Likonen @ 2009-08-12 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2009-08-12 10:09 (-0400), Tim Visher wrote:
> I'd like to change the face of a tab character to have red background.

M-x customize-group RET whitespace RET

Then edit the "whitespace-tab" face so that its background is red. Turn
on the whitespace-mode:

    (let ((whitespace-style '(tabs)))
      (whitespace-mode 1))

Not sure if there is more elegant solution. I made this up pretty
quickly. :-)

* Re: Change Face of Tab Character?
@ 2009-08-12 14:36   ` Teemu Likonen
From: Teemu Likonen @ 2009-08-12 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2009-08-12 17:28 (+0300), Teemu Likonen wrote:
> M-x customize-group RET whitespace RET
>
> Then edit the "whitespace-tab" face so that its background is red. Turn
> on the whitespace-mode:
>
>     (let ((whitespace-style '(tabs)))
>       (whitespace-mode 1))
>
> Not sure if there is more elegant solution. I made this up pretty
> quickly. :-)

I think this is a bit better:

    (let ((whitespace-style '(tabs tab-mark)))
      (whitespace-mode 1))