all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* c-file-style in buffer local variables does not work
@ 2009-12-04 16:10 Kan-Ru Chen
From: Kan-Ru Chen @ 2009-12-04 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: bug-cc-mode, 4146

http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/4146

Seems introduced by a commit on MAIN branch and later fixed in the
EMACS_23_1_RC branch. But the fix did not merge back to cvs head,
c-file-style is still broken.

--
Kan-Ru Chen | http://kanru.info

Q: Why are my replies five sentences or less?
A: http://five.sentenc.es/

* bug#4146: c-file-style in buffer local variables does not work
@ 2009-12-05 11:27 ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2009-12-05 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kan-Ru Chen, 4146; +Cc: bug-cc-mode, emacs-devel

Hi, all,

On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 12:10:29AM +0800, Kan-Ru Chen wrote:

> http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/4146

> Seems introduced by a commit on MAIN branch and later fixed in the
> EMACS_23_1_RC branch. But the fix did not merge back to cvs head,
> c-file-style is still broken.

I have just reverted it in the CVS HEAD.  It should be "OK", now.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

* Re: bug#4146: c-file-style in buffer local variables does not work
@ 2009-12-05 11:27 ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2009-12-05 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kan-Ru Chen, 4146; +Cc: bug-cc-mode, emacs-devel

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

http://p.sf.net/sfu/redhat-sfdev2dev

* bug#4146: c-file-style in buffer local variables does not work
@ 2009-12-05 20:22   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2009-12-05 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Mackenzie; +Cc: bug-cc-mode, 4146, Kan-Ru Chen, emacs-devel

Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> I have just reverted it in the CVS HEAD.  It should be "OK", now.

Looks like you forgot to make a ChangeLog entry.

Also, I guess the issue that you made this change to solve is now
back, though I haven't tested it:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-07/msg01011.html

From: Glenn Morris @ 2009-12-05 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Mackenzie; +Cc: bug-cc-mode, 4146, Kan-Ru Chen, emacs-devel

@ 2009-12-05 21:00     ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2009-12-05 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: bug-cc-mode, 4146, Kan-Ru Chen, emacs-devel

Hi, Glenn,

On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 03:22:03PM -0500, Glenn Morris wrote:

> Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> > I have just reverted it in the CVS HEAD.  It should be "OK", now.

> Looks like you forgot to make a ChangeLog entry.

Yep.  Somehow making that patch felt too easy, as though I'd forgotten
something.  I've done the ChangeLog entry now, thanks for the reminder.

> Also, I guess the issue that you made this change to solve is now
> back, though I haven't tested it:

That's what the quotes round "OK" were alluding to.

> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-07/msg01011.html

Fixing it properly will require a lot of patience, a lot of bloody
mindedness, and a high toleration for mindless tedium.  I'll get round to
it sometime, assuming a fix is possible.  Note that this code is now the
same as what's in 23.1, about which nobody's complained so far.  But yes,
it is a bug.

From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2009-12-05 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: bug-cc-mode, 4146, Kan-Ru Chen, emacs-devel

@ 2009-12-05 21:22       ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2009-12-05 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Mackenzie; +Cc: bug-cc-mode, 4146, Kan-Ru Chen, emacs-devel

Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> Fixing it properly will require a lot of patience, a lot of bloody
> mindedness, and a high toleration for mindless tedium.  I'll get round to
> it sometime, assuming a fix is possible.

cc-mode scares me... The very best of luck to you! :)

From: Glenn Morris @ 2009-12-05 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Mackenzie; +Cc: bug-cc-mode, 4146, Kan-Ru Chen, emacs-devel