On Fri, Jun 11 2010, Jan Moringen wrote: > 1. Maybe the docstring should mention that :body and action name > strings can contain markup like bold and that the > notification does not display a string if it contains invalid > markup like text. I think, > `xml-escape-string' can be used to safely display strings that > may contain invalid markup. Yes, that'd be a good idea. And yes xml-escape-string is good for that. > 2. Older versions of libnotify seem to use a slightly different > interface: it seems like the signal for closing notifications > does not include a reason (see output of dbus-monitor [1]). I > suggest making the reason argument in the -on-closed handler > optional. Seems weird to me. Which version do you have? I've implemented version 0.9 of the spec here; there's still version 0.3 online, and even in that old version there's a reason in the ClosedNotification signal. So if this is real you might have a really really really old version? -- Julien Danjou // ᐰ http://julien.danjou.info