all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Don't clear kill-ring when restart emacs
       [not found] <ba978777-475f-447b-9aec-54b4ce6b6841@v41g2000yqv.googlegroups.com>
@ 2010-09-02 17:25 ` Thorsten Bonow
       [not found]   ` <0b32ddb6-8330-4b9c-960c-a5a600482fa0@l38g2000pro.googlegroups.com>
From: Thorsten Bonow @ 2010-09-02 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

    Jeongtae> But there is a problem.  When I restart emacs, it's kill-ring
    Jeongtae> loses every contents.  I don't like that. I want my kill-ring
    Jeongtae> saves automatically.  What should I do? can anybody tell me?

See Chapter "51 Saving Emacs Sessions" in the GNU Emacs manual.

Toto

--
Aaachen University of Technology -- now even further ahead...

@ 2010-09-04  8:53     ` Thorsten Bonow
From: Thorsten Bonow @ 2010-09-04  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

    Jeongtae> I did save my desktop, but it doesn't save my *kill ring* buffer.
    Jeongtae> Thank you for your comment, but it didn't work.

    Jeongtae> Jeongtae

OK, that was a long shot, but savehist mode *is* mentioned in that chapter of
the documentation.

Sorry, I was pressed for time.

I have

(savehist-mode 1)
(setq savehist-additional-variables '(kill-ring compile-command))

in my init file.

Hope this helps.

Toto

--
You will pay for your sins. If you have already paid, please
disregard this message.