all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Deleting matched lines by marking lines in *occur* buffer
@ 2013-07-09 14:25 Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2013-07-09 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

When I run M-x occur and get the following output

5 matches for "\.txt" in buffer: indices.conf
     14:cnx_midcap_baseline.txt
     16:cnx_nifty_jr_baseline.txt
     18:sp_cnx_500_baseline.txt
     20:sp_cnx_defty_baseline.txt
     22:sp_cnx_nifty_baseline.txt

is there a way to mark the lines in this buffer and expunge the lines
in the corresponding source buffer?  A dired like support would be
useful.  I did check the emacswiki and none of the other suggested
packages seem to have support for this sort of thing.

Any suggestions?  I suppose there's delete-matching-lines but wouldn't
it also be useful in the occur buffer?

 sivaram