all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Deleting matched lines by marking lines in *occur* buffer
@ 2013-07-09 14:25 Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2013-07-09 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

When I run M-x occur and get the following output

5 matches for "\.txt" in buffer: indices.conf
     14:cnx_midcap_baseline.txt
     16:cnx_nifty_jr_baseline.txt
     18:sp_cnx_500_baseline.txt
     20:sp_cnx_defty_baseline.txt
     22:sp_cnx_nifty_baseline.txt

is there a way to mark the lines in this buffer and expunge the lines
in the corresponding source buffer?  A dired like support would be
useful.  I did check the emacswiki and none of the other suggested
packages seem to have support for this sort of thing.

Any suggestions?  I suppose there's delete-matching-lines but wouldn't
it also be useful in the occur buffer?

 sivaram

* Re: Deleting matched lines by marking lines in *occur* buffer
@ 2013-07-09 15:29 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-07-09 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

> When I run M-x occur and get the following output
>
> 5 matches for "\.txt" in buffer: indices.conf
>      14:cnx_midcap_baseline.txt
>      16:cnx_nifty_jr_baseline.txt
>      18:sp_cnx_500_baseline.txt
>      20:sp_cnx_defty_baseline.txt
>      22:sp_cnx_nifty_baseline.txt
>
> is there a way to mark the lines in this buffer and expunge the lines
> in the corresponding source buffer?  A dired like support would be
> useful.  I did check the emacswiki and none of the other suggested
> packages seem to have support for this sort of thing.
>
> Any suggestions?  I suppose there's delete-matching-lines but wouldn't
> it also be useful in the occur buffer?

maybe the answers to this question help:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8334263/in-emacs-how-to-replace-only-on-matching-lines

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: Deleting matched lines by marking lines in *occur* buffer
@ 2013-07-09 16:33 ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2013-07-09 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> When I run M-x occur and get the following output
>
> 5 matches for "\.txt" in buffer: indices.conf
>      14:cnx_midcap_baseline.txt
>      16:cnx_nifty_jr_baseline.txt
>      18:sp_cnx_500_baseline.txt
>      20:sp_cnx_defty_baseline.txt
>      22:sp_cnx_nifty_baseline.txt
>
> is there a way to mark the lines in this buffer and expunge the lines
> in the corresponding source buffer?  A dired like support would be
> useful.  I did check the emacswiki and none of the other suggested
> packages seem to have support for this sort of thing.
>
> Any suggestions?  I suppose there's delete-matching-lines but wouldn't
> it also be useful in the occur buffer?
>
>  sivaram
>  --

Check out moccurr-edit.el at http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/moccur-edit.el

I think it does what you are looking for, but I have never tried it.

* Re: Deleting matched lines by marking lines in *occur* buffer
@ 2013-07-09 16:48 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2013-07-09 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sivaram Neelakantan; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

You are looking for

	all.el

Install it with

	M-x list-packages

from GNU ELPA.

@ 2013-07-10  2:14   ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2013-07-10  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, Jul 09 2013,Jambunathan K wrote:

> You are looking for
>
> 	all.el
>
> Install it with
>
> 	M-x list-packages
>
> from GNU ELPA.

Thanks, this works close to what I want.

[snipped 26 lines]

 sivaram