all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Adding assoc-delete-all / rassoc-delete-all
@ 2014-04-17 11:39 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2014-04-17 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,

I've just got aware of `assq-delete-all' which could be a convenient
function to get rid of some entry in an alist.  However, if the alist
entries start with a string, you need to use something awkward like

  (assq-delete-all
   (car (assoc "Biber" TeX-command-list))
   TeX-command-list)

so that the string "Biber" is not only equal but identical.

So I'm voting for adding a function `assoc-delete-all' which is just
like `assq-delete-all' except that it does the comparison with `equal'
instead of `eq'.  Then the above becomes just

  (assoc-delete-all "Biber" TeX-command-list)

For symmetry, I'd also add `rassoc-delete-all' to the existing
`rassq-delete-all'.

Would that be ok?

Bye,
Tassilo