all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Multiples windows in emacs
@ 2017-01-03 22:31 Steve Tuyizere
From: Steve Tuyizere @ 2017-01-03 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I started using emacs and I really enjoy it. I am now configuring gnus.

What I am looking is not the C-x 2 or C-x 3.

You can see an example of what I am looking at
http://www.blackhats.es/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/captura4.png

The "Group Topic" is separate windows on the left.

I am looking for the emacs package that gives this functionality.

Thanks.

Steve

* Re: Multiples windows in emacs
@ 2017-01-04  7:14 ` Toni Schmidbauer
From: Toni Schmidbauer @ 2017-01-04  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Steve Tuyizere; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Steve Tuyizere <tuyizere.steve@gmail.com> writes:
> You can see an example of what I am looking at
> http://www.blackhats.es/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/captura4.png
>
> The "Group Topic" is separate windows on the left.

maybe look into the gnus documentation via C-h i d m "Gnus" and
m "Window Layout"

there's a section about window configurtion.

toni

* Re: Multiples windows in emacs
@ 2017-01-04  8:48 ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2017-01-04  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Steve Tuyizere; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Steve Tuyizere <tuyizere.steve@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I started using emacs and I really enjoy it. I am now configuring gnus.
>
> What I am looking is not the C-x 2 or C-x 3.
>
> You can see an example of what I am looking at
> http://www.blackhats.es/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/captura4.png
>
> The "Group Topic" is separate windows on the left.
>
> I am looking for the emacs package that gives this functionality.

Sorry - no idea. But I like the layout - as I don't speak Spanish, how can I get the layout
as in the screenshot? Not manually, but automatically splitting the
screen when entering a group / reading an email?

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Multiples windows in emacs
@ 2017-01-04  9:23   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2017-01-04  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Steve Tuyizere; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Steve Tuyizere <tuyizere.steve@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I started using emacs and I really enjoy it. I am now configuring gnus.
>>
>> What I am looking is not the C-x 2 or C-x 3.
>>
>> You can see an example of what I am looking at
>> http://www.blackhats.es/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/captura4.png
>>
>> The "Group Topic" is separate windows on the left.
>>
>> I am looking for the emacs package that gives this functionality.
>
> Sorry - no idea. But I like the layout - as I don't speak Spanish, how can I get the layout
> as in the screenshot? Not manually, but automatically splitting the
> screen when entering a group / reading an email?

Found it at https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusWindowLayout

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Multiples windows in emacs
@ 2017-01-04 21:49     ` Steve Tuyizere
From: Steve Tuyizere @ 2017-01-04 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>
>> Steve Tuyizere <tuyizere.steve@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I started using emacs and I really enjoy it. I am now configuring gnus.
>>>
>>> What I am looking is not the C-x 2 or C-x 3.
>>>
>>> You can see an example of what I am looking at
>>> http://www.blackhats.es/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/captura4.png
>>>
>>> The "Group Topic" is separate windows on the left.
>>>
>>> I am looking for the emacs package that gives this functionality.
>>
>> Sorry - no idea. But I like the layout - as I don't speak Spanish, how can I get the layout
>> as in the screenshot? Not manually, but automatically splitting the
>> screen when entering a group / reading an email?
>
> Found it at https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusWindowLayout
>
> Rainer
>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Rainer
>>

>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Steve

Toni, Rainer,

Thank you. That is what I was looking for.

Steve