Michael Heerdegen writes: > > easy-mmode.el: > > > > (pcase keyw > > (`:group (setq group (nconc group (list :group (pop keys))))) > > (`:global (setq keys (cdr keys))) > > (_ (push keyw extra-keywords) (push (pop keys) extra-keywords)))) > > > > (Aren't keywords supposed to be self-quoting? then why they are > > explicitly quoted?) > These are all cases I would want to fix, but unless the whole pcase form > can be trivially rewritten as cl-case, I want to leave pcase, really. Here is the first patch addressing quoted selfquoting patterns. I left out cl-generic.el which is distributed via Gnu Elpa because selfquoting pattern types are two years younger than pcase is. Is the commit message ok as it is? Or should I list the changed files to say "All callers changed" every time? Here and there the patch also fixes indentation of surrounding code. In the next step I want to replace `DOESNT-UNQUOTE -> DOESNT-UNQUOTE, though we have one opinion that didn't want me to do this so that the code looks more frightening and people are warned. I don't think it is necessary to warn people about pcase, and I don't think warning people about hard to read code by making the code even harder to read is a good thing ;-) What's then left is the task to replace all pcase forms that can be trivially rewritten by using case or cond/assoc. I must admit that I'm very skeptical about this now. Not only that we would only replace exactly these pcase occurrences that are really trivial to read for anybody, which could be, at the end, counterproductive for those people who dislike pcase because the pcase forms left are the harder ones (Eli, I know you don't think like that). I also saw that people have very different likings, independent from pcase. Say, we have one third of people who want to keep pcase in these cases, one third who want to replace it with cl-case, and one third who want cond or assoc instead. We have a clear majority against pcase. But we also have a clear majority against cl-case, and a majority against cond/assoc. With all input I got, I came to the conclusion that what we have is quite ok: A pcase with branches whose condition all look like 'CONSTANT is not too hard to read for anyone. I saw there are pros and cons for and against keeping these in the code, but I didn't get the impression that one side clearly prevails. Eli and Stefan, if you could agree about something I should do, or if the maintainer(s) tell me I should do these replacement, I still offer to do it, but I don't think we came to any conclusion yet. And here is the first patch: