all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* calc embedded mode and evil mode
@ 2019-11-08 14:27 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2019-11-08 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello all,

I use evil mode extensively.  However, I also use embedded calc
mode.  The latter cannot be in evil mode as it has its own
bindings.  However, switching to embedded mode (C-x * e) leaves the
editing mode as it is, i.e. in evil mode.  I have tried the following,
to no effect:

   (add-hook 'calc-embedded-mode-hook #'(evil-emacs-state))

although typing C-z (bound to evil-emacs-state) after C-x *e does switch
to emacs state.

Any suggestions most welcome!  Thank you.
--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50 & org 9.2.6 on Debian bullseye/sid