all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Showing a live camera in a buffer
@ 2020-09-01 16:14 Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2020-09-01 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'd like to see the video coming from a camera directly within one of my
Emacs windows.  Has anyone already hacked up a package to do that?

* Re: Showing a live camera in a buffer
@ 2020-09-02  5:25 ` stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2020-09-02  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> I'd like to see the video coming from a camera directly within one of my
> Emacs windows.  Has anyone already hacked up a package to do that?
>

>         Stefan

EAF can do that. It's awesome for take a try.

https://github.com/manateelazycat/emacs-application-framework

--
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3

* Re: Showing a live camera in a buffer
@ 2020-09-24 15:20 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-09-24 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

* Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> [2020-09-01 19:15]:
> I'd like to see the video coming from a camera directly within one of my
> Emacs windows.  Has anyone already hacked up a package to do that?

I am using EXWM continually, so any application is showing up in
buffers.

Instead of Window Manager windows, I am rather using Window Manager
workspaces as my notebook screen is small. You could use Emacs windows
to tile the applications.

Jean