Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Hongyi Zhao >> Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:20:11 +0800 >> Cc: help-gnu-emacs >> >> > > Character code properties: customize what to show >> > > name: GRAVE ACCENT >> > > old-name: SPACING GRAVE >> > > general-category: Sk (Symbol, Modifier) >> > > canonical-combining-class: 0 (Spacing, split, enclosing, reordrant, >> > > and Tibetan subjoined) >> > > bidi-class: ON (Other Neutrals) >> > > decomposition: (96) ('`') >> > > mirrored: N >> > >> > Why is that a problem? >> >> The "grave accent" is also named as "backtick" or "backquote", and I >> hope to see all these names in Emacs. > > We only show the Unicode data, and it has only "SPACING GRAVE" as an > alternative name. A somewhat harebrained idea of mine queries Wikidata for aliases stored there. Use the command ‘wd-char-aliases-show’ to display a list of aliases for the character under the cursor. This sketch has no comments or docstrings, nor does it check for errors. The query is slow and might very well not be entirely correct. (I do not have much of an understanding of SPARQL and Wikidata.) Maybe it can still be of use to you – or of interest as a curiosity.