all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Protesilaos Stavrou <info@protesilaos.com>
To: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Add four new Modus themes to Emacs?
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 16:51:35 +0200	[thread overview]

> From: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 20:12:17 +1100

> [... 42 lines elided]

> Really looking forward to the updated and new themes. I use the
> modus-vivendi theme which I've tweaked slightly to have a very deep dark
> green background. Overall, I think you have done an excellent job with
> these themes and as someone with a significant vision impairment, I
> really appreciate what you have done.

Thank you!  I am happy to be helpful in this way.  If you think there is
something that can be improved, please let me know.

The new version makes it easier to override the themes' colours and also
to reassign values to "semantic colour mappings".  Before, I would
hardcode, say, blue to all faces representing a level 2 heading.  Now
there exists a semantic "heading-2" entry in the palette and the user
can easily set it to whatever colour they want---no need to stick with
blue or whatever.

The manual will cover the details.  In short: it is flexible and
powerful.

--
Protesilaos Stavrou
https://protesilaos.com