Eshel Yaron writes: > Hi Thierry, > > Thierry Volpiatto writes: > >> Here another change related to the discussion in previous posts. >> If no objections I will merge it in next days. > > This seems to disregard my comments entirely, It doesn't. > I'm sure that's not intentional, but I'd appreciate it if you could > consider them. This finish to fix the version of register-preview I wrote (the one you don't like) regarding what bastien asked for. > So it'd be great to have the previous behavior available in Emacs 30. Sorry but I wont write this, it is not complicated to write but needs works and attention and I spent enough time on this. The only thing you mentionned I agree with is the necessity now to use C-q to insert key sequence (note that C-n/p will insert it alone), but it is not a big annoyance right? (most people don't use this, I don't for one). For the preview buffer not visible, note that you can pop to it at any moment with C-h. Perhaps you will get used to the new behavior after some time, otherwise it is easy to revert completely my commits (it is the development branch of emacs after all). -- Thierry