Hi Stefan, thank you for your response. Stefan Kangas writes: > - This should be called out in NEWS. Yup, done in the revised patch attached. > - Does it need any other documentation changes? I don't think so; IELM is only mentioned briefly in the Emacs manual. > - Do we usually provide options to disable this stuff? Not as far as I can tell. >> +(defvar ielm--history-file-name >> + (locate-user-emacs-file "ielm-history.el") > > Shouldn't that be .eld? Hm, the file will contain actual Lisp expressions, so I'd think that .el is fitting? -- Simen