On Sun, May 05 2024, Gerd Möllmann wrote: > I believe the frame::condemned_scroll_bars is okay on NS as it is now. > With all caveats as usual. I have a hunch that those would need weak references to work as intended. But I'm happy to let them leak for now. Below is my patch for the scroll-bars. I went for the indirection layer solution. Though, the mark-and-sweep pool idea might be more broadly usable; with so many different GUI toolkits it's hard to say. I also had a problem with the tool-bar, triggered by this test: (dotimes (i 40) (igc--collect) (message "%S" (make-list i nil)) (redisplay)) The third patch stops allocating glyph matrices as ambiguous roots. Seems to work for me.