all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#53869: 29.0.50; Calc, cannot remove number
       [not found] <86leylet4p.fsf@protected.rcdrun.com>
@ 2024-07-02  0:56 ` Michael Heerdegen via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors
From: Michael Heerdegen via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors @ 2024-07-02  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis; +Cc: 53869

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> I cannot remove the number entered in calc, the number 31 on the bottom
> on this video cannot get removed, and if I delete all items on stack it
> remains on top. I do not know how I came into this situation and cannot
> replicate the condition.

What one sees in your screencast is that you are in a three level deep
recursive edit.  Maybe Calc was prompting for something in the middle of
a command and you just went back into Calc and this got Calc into a
weird state.  Would be interesting what these outside recursive-edit
levels were doing and what would have happened if you had left them.

As far as I remember I did never see this kind of problem.  Hard to
reconstruct your problem without more information.  Did you happen to
see this again, maybe?

Thx,

Michael.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-07-02  0:56 UTC | newest]