all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* what is *shell* mode's equivalent to bash's C-o?
@ 2003-01-11  2:31 Dan Jacobson
From: Dan Jacobson @ 2003-01-11  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

what is *shell* mode's equivalent to bash's C-o?

* Re: what is *shell* mode's equivalent to bash's C-o?
@ 2003-01-11  4:54 ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2003-01-11  4:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Jacobson <jidanni@dman.ddts.net> writes:
> what is *shell* mode's equivalent to bash's C-o?

None that I know of, but that looks really handy so I'll check it out,
and add it if it's not there...

If there's no existing binding for it in shell-mode, do people think
C-o is a reasonable one?  The default emacs binding of C-o doesn't seem
all that useful in shell-mode/comint...

-Miles
--
"Most attacks seem to take place at night, during a rainstorm, uphill,
 where four map sheets join."   -- Anon. British Officer in WW I

* Re: what is *shell* mode's equivalent to bash's C-o?
@ 2003-01-12 10:07 Dan Jacobson
From: Dan Jacobson @ 2003-01-12 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> If there's no existing binding for it in shell-mode, do people think
> C-o is a reasonable one?  The default emacs binding of C-o doesn't seem
> all that useful in shell-mode/comint...

I thought they had to be different so we all can get early Alzheimers'
like M-p/C-p, M-n/C-n etc. emacs/bash.  That means M-o/C-o so we can
go L-o/C-o quicker.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780