all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to use shared object in elisp?
@ 2007-07-16  8:04 Andy
From: Andy @ 2007-07-16  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Can I use shared object in elisp? I have a libxxx.so written in C. And I
want to write a interface in elisp. What should I do?

* Re: How to use shared object in elisp?
@ 2007-07-16 12:46 ` Daniel Jensen
From: Daniel Jensen @ 2007-07-16 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Andy <wangxinxi@cs.hit.edu.cn> writes:

> Can I use shared object in elisp? I have a libxxx.so written in C. And I
> want to write a interface in elisp. What should I do?

You'll have to write a wrapper program and call that from Emacs Lisp.

* Re: How to use shared object in elisp?
@ 2007-07-16 14:02   ` Andy
From: Andy @ 2007-07-16 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Maybe I should write the program in Common Lisp and communicate
with emacs by socket.

@ 2007-07-16 14:34     ` Pascal Bourguignon
From: Pascal Bourguignon @ 2007-07-16 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Andy <wangxinxi@cs.hit.edu.cn> writes:
> daniel@bigwalter.net (Daniel Jensen) writes:
>
>> Andy <wangxinxi@cs.hit.edu.cn> writes:
>>
>>> Can I use shared object in elisp? I have a libxxx.so written in C. And I
>>> want to write a interface in elisp. What should I do?
>>
>> You'll have to write a wrapper program and call that from Emacs Lisp.
>
> Maybe I should write the program in Common Lisp and communicate
> with emacs by socket.

Yes, that would work.

* Re: How to use shared object in elisp?
@ 2007-07-17  7:37 ` Anselm Helbig
From: Anselm Helbig @ 2007-07-17  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Can I use shared object in elisp? I have a libxxx.so written in C. And I
> want to write a interface in elisp. What should I do?

Also check out SXEmacs which allows you to make calls into C libraries
directly.

  http://www.sxemacs.org/

I haven't used it myself, though.

* Re: How to use shared object in elisp?
@ 2007-07-17 11:16   ` Daniel Jensen
From: Daniel Jensen @ 2007-07-17 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Anselm Helbig <anselm@chemie.fu-berlin.de> writes:

>> Can I use shared object in elisp? I have a libxxx.so written in C. And I
>> want to write a interface in elisp. What should I do?
>
> Also check out SXEmacs which allows you to make calls into C libraries
> directly.

Note that this is a fork of XEmacs, not GNU Emacs. FUT: comp.emacs if
you want to discuss it.