"Davis Herring" writes: Hi! > We would prefer this implemented without advice -- perhaps just by > rebinding v in Dired to a new, simple function > `view-or-doc-view-file', or by modifying `view-mode' itself to > recognize such files and change to doc-view-mode. I changed `dired-view-file' so that it asks the user to use doc-view for pdf, ps and dvi files instead of `view-file'. The only non-whitespace changes are those in doc-view.el at @@ -713,34 +712,31 @@ and those in dired.el and ChangeLog. The rest are only whitespace changes and minor changes in comments. If this patch is ok, would you please install it? Bye, Tassilo