all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* unreadable color: how to change lisp comment color (and find its font face)?
@ 2007-12-13 15:23 Markus Dehmann
From: Markus Dehmann @ 2007-12-13 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I use color-theme, and I like color-theme-xp (sorry!). However, there
is one disturbing thing about it: It shows lisp comments (e.g. in
my .emacs) in the same color as the background! How can I change that?

I know I can do M-x color-theme-print and it prints the function for
the color theme, which I can modify. But I don't know what font-face
is used by lisp comments, so I can't change its appearance.

How can I find out what font-face is used by lisp comments so I can
change its color?

Thanks!
Markus

* Re: unreadable color: how to change lisp comment color (and find its font face)?
@ 2007-12-13 16:21 ` Tom Rauchenwald
       [not found] ` <mailman.4984.1197566174.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Tom Rauchenwald @ 2007-12-13 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Markus Dehmann <markus.dehmann@gmail.com> writes:

> I use color-theme, and I like color-theme-xp (sorry!). However, there
> is one disturbing thing about it: It shows lisp comments (e.g. in
> my .emacs) in the same color as the background! How can I change that?
>
> I know I can do M-x color-theme-print and it prints the function for
> the color theme, which I can modify. But I don't know what font-face
> is used by lisp comments, so I can't change its appearance.
>
> How can I find out what font-face is used by lisp comments so I can
> change its color?

In emacs22 just put point where the comment is, and invoke M-x
describe-face.
Looks like font-lock-comment-face is what you are looking for.

> Thanks!
> Markus

Tom

* Re: unreadable color: how to change lisp comment color (and find its font face)?
@ 2007-12-13 16:38 ` Tassilo Horn
       [not found] ` <mailman.4984.1197566174.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-12-13 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Markus Dehmann <markus.dehmann@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Markus,

> How can I find out what font-face is used by lisp comments so I can
> change its color?

Set point on a comment and hit `M-x describe-face'.  You can also use
`M-x customize-face' to modify it.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
A morning without coffee is like something without something else.

@ 2007-12-13 17:38   ` Markus Dehmann
From: Markus Dehmann @ 2007-12-13 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Dec 13, 11:21 am, Tom Rauchenwald <its....@gmx.net> wrote:
> Markus Dehmann <markus.dehm...@gmail.com> writes:
> > I use color-theme, and I like color-theme-xp (sorry!). However, there
> > is one disturbing thing about it: It shows lisp comments (e.g. in
> > my .emacs) in the same color as the background! How can I change that?
>
> > I know I can do M-x color-theme-print and it prints the function for
> > the color theme, which I can modify. But I don't know what font-face
> > is used by lisp comments, so I can't change its appearance.
>
> > How can I find out what font-face is used by lisp comments so I can
> > change its color?
>
> In emacs22 just put point where the comment is, and invoke M-x
> describe-face.
> Looks like font-lock-comment-face is what you are looking for.

Thanks all!

Yes, changing font-lock-comment does the trick. M-x describe-face
doesn't work for me, but that's probably because I have an old emacs
version (21.3.1).

@ 2007-12-13 19:13 martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2007-12-13 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: markus.dehmann; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

With Emacs 21.3 use M-x list-text-properties-at instead.