all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Embedded images with w3m-emacs?
@ 2008-09-30  8:44 Nicolas Neuss
From: Nicolas Neuss @ 2008-09-30  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

is it possible to make w3m running inside Emacs display HTML-embedded
images (jpg or gif)?  I could see only single images displayed in an
separate Emacs buffer, but images embedded in HTML were displayed as
[image] (or the name if provided).  (OTOH, after I installed the w3m-img
package, w3m run from inside a terminal could display those.)

Thank you in advance,
Nicolas

* Re: Embedded images with w3m-emacs?
@ 2008-09-30  8:57 ` henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2008-09-30  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Zitat - Nicolas Neuss * Di Sep 30 2008 um 10:44 -

> Hello,
>
> is it possible to make w3m running inside Emacs display HTML-embedded
> images (jpg or gif)?  I could see only single images displayed in an
> separate Emacs buffer, but images embedded in HTML were displayed as
> [image] (or the name if provided).  (OTOH, after I installed the w3m-img
> package, w3m run from inside a terminal could display those.)
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Nicolas

Add this to your ~/.emacs and images should be displayed:

  (setq w3m-default-display-inline-images t)

Cheers,
henry

* Re: Embedded images with w3m-emacs?
@ 2008-09-30  9:34   ` Nicolas Neuss
From: Nicolas Neuss @ 2008-09-30  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

henry atting <nospam@literaturlatenight.de> writes:

> Add this to your ~/.emacs and images should be displayed:
>
>   (setq w3m-default-display-inline-images t)

Thank you, this works perfectly up to the small change: for me, it was
"w3m-display-inline-images".

(BTW, now I have discovered also a menu item "W3m->Redisplay->Toggle
Images" bound to the key T.  Simply wonderful.)

Thanks again,
Nicolas