all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Whois
       [not found] ` <874oanqbbc.fsf@vfst.de>
@ 2010-12-10  0:01   ` Hilary
From: Hilary @ 2010-12-10  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

>> Is it possible to configure the inbuilt whois command on emacs win32?
>> I've scoured all of the documentation I can find and have found not a
>> word about it.
>>
>> As an alternative, and as I have a working gnuwin jwhois command, can
>> I redefine the inbuilt whois to shell-command it?
>

> M-x customize-group RET net-utils RET
>
> Martin
> --
> parozusa at web dot de

Thanks. It would have taken me a *long* time to find that!

* Re: Whois
@ 2010-12-13 10:14     ` nospam
From: nospam @ 2010-12-13 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hilary writes:

>>> Is it possible to configure the inbuilt whois command on emacs win32?
>>> I've scoured all of the documentation I can find and have found not a
>>> word about it.
>>>
>>> As an alternative, and as I have a working gnuwin jwhois command, can
>>> I redefine the inbuilt whois to shell-command it?
>>

>> M-x customize-group RET net-utils RET
>>
>> Martin
>> --
>> parozusa at web dot de
>
> Thanks. It would have taken me a *long* time to find that!

M-x describe-function RET whois RET tells you that whois is part of that
file / package. Also very useful the family of apropos commands.
M-x apropos-command RET ^apropos RET

Martin
--
parozusa at web dot de

* Re: Whois
@ 2010-12-15  2:30       ` Hilary
From: Hilary @ 2010-12-15  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

nospam@nospam.net wrote:
> M-x describe-function RET whois RET tells you that whois is part of that
> file / package. Also very useful the family of apropos commands.
> M-x apropos-command RET ^apropos RET
>
> Martin
> --
> parozusa at web dot de

Thanks again. I've only recently started exploring some of emacs more
esoteric functions, after using it only for some code editing. The
documentation is good when I can find it. One day I may get to grips
with gnus. :-)

--
Hilary