all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Subscribing to gnu.emacs.announce
@ 2010-12-30 12:46 Elena
From: Elena @ 2010-12-30 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

where can I subscribe to gnu.emacs.announce mailing list, mirrored
here:

http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.announce/topics

?  Thanks.

* Re: Subscribing to gnu.emacs.announce
@ 2010-12-30 13:52 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-12-30 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Elena <egarrulo@gmail.com>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 04:46:39 -0800 (PST)
>
> where can I subscribe to gnu.emacs.announce mailing list, mirrored
> here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.announce/topics
>
> ?  Thanks.

Here:

* Re: Subscribing to gnu.emacs.announce
@ 2010-12-30 13:55 ` Rud1ger Sch1erz
From: Rud1ger Sch1erz @ 2010-12-30 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Elena <egarrulo@gmail.com> writes:

> where can I subscribe to gnu.emacs.announce mailing list, mirrored
> here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.announce/topics

It's not a mailing list, but a usenet newsgroup. You can read it directly
using a newsreader via nntp, supported e.g. by gnus, thunderbird and
many other newsreaders.

You don't have to use google groups, it's just a gateway.

However, many of the gnu usenet groups also do have a gateway to
mailing lists:

  http://lists.gnu.org/

This one could be the gnu.emacs.announce mailing list:

If this is, what you prefer.

Cheers,
Rudiger

* Re: Subscribing to gnu.emacs.announce
@ 2011-01-11  9:09   ` Oleksandr Gavenko
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2011-01-11  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 30.12.2010 15:55, Rud1ger Sch1erz wrote:
> Elena<egarrulo@gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> where can I subscribe to gnu.emacs.announce mailing list, mirrored
>> here:
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.announce/topics
>
> It's not a mailing list, but a usenet newsgroup. You can read it directly
> using a newsreader via nntp, supported e.g. by gnus, thunderbird and
> many other newsreaders.
>
> You don't have to use google groups, it's just a gateway.
>
> However, many of the gnu usenet groups also do have a gateway to
> mailing lists:
>
>    http://lists.gnu.org/
>
> This one could be the gnu.emacs.announce mailing list:
>
> If this is, what you prefer.

I like use GMANE service:

server: news.gmane.org
port: 119
news: gmane.emacs.announce

So info-gnu-emacs@gnu.org is original place for mails.
Different news group services mirror this list.