all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* require w3 error
@ 2011-02-12 14:30 Haines Brown
       [not found] ` <mailman.8.1297534364.16928.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Haines Brown @ 2011-02-12 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm running debian sqeeze and have installed w3m 0.5.2-9. In my init
file I have (setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m).

When the pointer is on a URL and I do RET, I get "Cannot open load file"
"w3". Sounds like I need to have w3 installed as well as w3m, but there
no longer seems to be any such package. Is w3 built into w3m?

Haines Brown

* Re: require w3 error
@ 2011-02-12 18:18 ` trebol55555
       [not found] ` <mailman.8.1297534364.16928.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: trebol55555 @ 2011-02-12 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Haines Brown; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Haines Brown <haines@HistoricalMaterialism.info> writes:

> I'm running debian sqeeze and have installed w3m 0.5.2-9. In my init
> file I have (setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m).
>
> When the pointer is on a URL and I do RET, I get "Cannot open load file"
> "w3". Sounds like I need to have w3 installed as well as w3m, but there
> no longer seems to be any such package. Is w3 built into w3m?
>
> Haines Brown

Hello Haines,
Try this:

(setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m)
(setq browse-url-browser-function
           'w3m-browse-url)
    (setq browse-url-browser-function
           'w3m-browse-url)

Good luck,
Trebol.

* Re: require w3 error
       [not found] ` <mailman.8.1297534364.16928.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2011-02-13 14:13   ` Haines Brown
From: Haines Brown @ 2011-02-13 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

trebol55555@yahoo.es writes:

> Haines Brown <haines@HistoricalMaterialism.info> writes:
>
>> I'm running debian sqeeze and have installed w3m 0.5.2-9. In my init
>> file I have (setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m).
>>
>> When the pointer is on a URL and I do RET, I get "Cannot open load
>> file" "w3". Sounds like I need to have w3 installed as well as w3m,
>> but there no longer seems to be any such package. Is w3 built into
>> w3m?
>>
>> Haines Brown
>
> Hello Haines, Try this:
>
> (setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m)
> (setq browse-url-browser-function
>            'w3m-browse-url)
>     (setq browse-url-browser-function
>            'w3m-browse-url)

Thanks for the suggestion, Trebol, but this produces the Lisp error:
(void-function-w3m-browse-url)

Haines Brown