On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 04:32:42 -0500 Ted Zlatanov wrote: TZ> But wait, we can do better if it's an alist... Let's use the EPA TZ> file pattern! The default can then be: TZ> `((,(car epa-file-auto-mode-alist-entry) nil) TZ> (t ask)) TZ> ...and when the user says "yes, use GPG tokens for file xyz" we'd add TZ> '("xyz" gpg) to the head of the alist and offer to save the defcustom. TZ> We have to make the "never ask to add" choice 'never, because nil is now TZ> a valid alist for the value. So it could only be 'never or a valid TZ> alist. Yes, that would work. This made sense so I implemented a patch, replacing `auth-source-save-secrets' with `auth-source-netrc-use-gpg-tokens' as described above. It uses `epa-file-auto-mode-alist-entry' if it's bound. I am not sure if I should just save the defcustom at the time the user confirms or prompt instead. Please take a look. It makes sense to me and the Customize interface looks nice. Ted