all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* shell output lost
@ 2011-11-16  4:19 Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2011-11-16  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I track the output of large builds by running the make/configure etc from
within an emacs shell

Sometimes the build is so large that I also want to track how long it takes
(while I go do something else not necessarily on the computer)

So I do something like

date
make
date

in the emacs eshell.  ie I type the second date when the make starts

However I dont see its output (maybe lost somewhere in the make output??)

Any ideas?

* Re: shell output lost
@ 2011-11-16  5:26 ` XeCycle
From: XeCycle @ 2011-11-16  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw