Hello, I'm running Debian unstable and the awesome window manager. Since the update of glib in Debian unstable (from 2.32 to 2.36), emacs hangs when I run epg. I also had this bug with vc-git when opening a file in a git directory. To reproduce this bug, I just run emacs -Q, select a region and then run M-x epa-verify-region. Emacs gets stuck, takes 100% of a cpu and I have to run C-g and kill epg manually. When I launch M-x epa-verify-region, the following appears: (emacs:32655): GLib-WARNING **: GChildWatchSource: Exit status of a child process was requested but ECHILD was received by waitpid(). Most likely the process is ignoring SIGCHLD, or some other thread is invoking waitpid() with a nonpositive first argument; either behavior can break applications that use g_child_watch_add()/g_spawn_sync() either directly or indirectly. This bug appears with emacs24 from Debian unstable but also with emacs 24.3 from gnu.org. Downgrading to glib 2.32 fixes the issue. And this doesn't happen with another window manager (e.g. Xfce). I was able to reproduce this bug on three different machines with Debian unstable, emacs 24.3, glib 2.36 and awesome. I think this is the same bug as in: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/emacs24/+bug/1175422 Attached is a backtrace with gdb. It seems to be stuck at xgselect.c:48. Thanks, Vincent