all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* something.tex changed on disk; really edit the buffer?
@ 2014-10-06 15:01 agjf.tucker
From: agjf.tucker @ 2014-10-06 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi!

I am using Aquamacs with AUCTeX and Skim to edit and view LaTeX documents.  It used to work just fine but when I upgraded to version 3.0a (based on Emacs 24), I started to get these sorts of messages.

Specifically, I will have run LaTeX using the button at the top.  Then I will try to start editing again.

At the bottom of the frame I will get my first message, "Something.tex changed on disk; really edit the buffer? (y,n,r or C-h)"  I press "y" to keep editing.

Then when I go to run LaTeX again, a dialog box pops up saying, "something.tex has changed since visited or saved.  Save anyway?"  I click on the "Yes" button to run LaTeX.

Immediately I will get at the bottom of the frame, "something.tex changed on disk; really edit the buffer? (y,n,r or C-h)".  I press "y".

And then it's fine again for a little while!

There is a thread about this already on the Aquamacs group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/aquamacs-devel/yX-kkfJTNlU.

There was some suggestion that it might be related to use of a file hosting service like Dropbox, and it's true I used to have Dropbox installed.  But I uninstalled it some time ago (because I thought that might resolve this problem).

David Reitter (author of Aquamacs) says it is not a problem of his making and that I might have better luck asking here.

Thanks, Alistair.