Hello, Please see the attached patch that allows one to define a different face to be shown when being displayed on the tty rather than with a windowing system. Some background: I use hl-sexp-mode when editing lisp code and I frequently edit through ssh as well as on the console; naturally I use the Emacs daemon to achieve this. However, the color schemes that I use on the tty and the windowing system are quite different and I find myself flip-flopping between colors for the background face of hl-sexp-face as it is unreadable when switching to a tty editing session form the windowing-system session. To overcome this I decided it would be a good idea to create a second set of 'tty' face attributes that, when defined, overwrite the windowing system colors but only when displayed on a tty. Any comments are welcome. Thanks, -- Matt