all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs calendar mode
@ 2014-11-06  2:51 Randy Yates
From: Randy Yates @ 2014-11-06  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I cannot get appointment data to be written into my ~/diary file to save
my life. It appears that I can add an appointment just fine (A a), but
the appointment never shows up (d doesn't disclose it) and editing my
~/diary file shows an empty file.

However, I noted that the data must be being saved somewhere (in
memory?) since I get reminders when a test appointment is set.

What am I doing wrong?

GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9) of
2014-09-30 on buildvm-10.phx2.fedoraproject.org
--
Randy Yates
Digital Signal Labs

* Re: emacs calendar mode
@ 2014-11-06  3:19 ` Jorge Araya Navarro
From: Jorge Araya Navarro @ 2014-11-06  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randy Yates; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Please attach your org-mode configuration!

Randy Yates writes:

> I cannot get appointment data to be written into my ~/diary file to save
> my life. It appears that I can add an appointment just fine (A a), but
> the appointment never shows up (d doesn't disclose it) and editing my
> ~/diary file shows an empty file.
>
> However, I noted that the data must be being saved somewhere (in
> memory?) since I get reminders when a test appointment is set.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9) of
> 2014-09-30 on buildvm-10.phx2.fedoraproject.org

--
Pax et bonum.
Jorge Araya Navarro.

* Re: emacs calendar mode
@ 2014-11-06  4:01   ` Randy Yates
From: Randy Yates @ 2014-11-06  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jorge Araya Navarro; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Jorge Araya Navarro <elcorreo@deshackra.com> writes:

> Please attach your org-mode configuration!

Jorge,

I am not using org-mode but rather calendar mode.

--Randy

@ 2014-11-06  4:13 ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2014-11-06  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Randy Yates <yates@digitalsignallabs.com> writes:

> What am I doing wrong?

appt-add doesn't add to your diary file.  AFAIK you must use the
commands from (info "(emacs) Adding to Diary"). `appt-add' was
additionally added to bypass the diary file.

Michael.

* Re: emacs calendar mode
@ 2014-11-06  5:01     ` Jorge Araya Navarro
From: Jorge Araya Navarro @ 2014-11-06  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)