Hi. I'm observing an issue when running the latest GNU Emacs built from source using the lucid X toolkit; this is on a Debian machine running X11 (build details at the end). Starting a few months ago (this is a regression) I'm seeing that sometimes Emacs renders some faces with an unrequested (and ugly) font. I can usually make it do the right thing by moving Emacs windows around or resizing them, or maybe opening a new Emacs frame. It's not consistent, and I don't know exactly what triggers it breaking or how I can reliably fix it. I'm attaching two screenshots of 'M-x describe-face italic' when it's broken and right after I moved the windows around a bit, and re-invoked describe-face. Note the very different font. Using what-cursor-position I can see that in the wrong case the font is -urw-nimbus mono l-regular-o-normal--11-79-100-100-p-70-iso8859-1 (#x70) and in the right case the font is -adobe-courier-medium-o-normal--11-80-100-100-m-60-iso8859-1 (#x6D) The latter is correct since I customized my default-frame-alist to contain (font . "-adobe-courier-medium-r-*-*-*-80-*-*-m-*-iso8859-1") Can somebody give me some pointers on how to debug this to make this bug report useful? I see the breakage many times a day every day. Thanks.