all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tramp convinient way to cut path part in minibuffer
@ 2015-03-08 15:01 Paul K
From: Paul K @ 2015-03-08 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hallo People

I'm going to open /scp:remote.linux.box:/etc/passwd.
Currently opened file is /scp:remote.linux.box:/var/log/messages,
thus pressing C-x C-f, produces following path to minibuffer:

/scp:remote.linux.box:/var/log/messages

Cursor is at the end of line of course.

Is there any key combination to move cursor `here`, so that I could cut
/etc/passwd and then put /var/log/messages path?

/scp:remote.linux.box:/var/log/messages
                                ^
                                here.

Probably the perfect solution would be to force C-a to move cursor `here`
and another C-a to move cursor to beginning of line.

I'm opening many files on the same remote.linux.box, thus such solution
would be very helpful.

regards