all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: ediff question ...
       [not found] <k9q68051e6z.fsf@prism.loc201.tandem.com>
@ 2015-04-30  3:04 ` gnuist006
From: gnuist006 @ 2015-04-30  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, Can anyone reply and explain what Cano Jonathan askd in 1997 ... ?

On Thursday, February 6, 1997 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, cano_jonathan wrote:

> I'm using ediff to merge some files.  I've been reading through the
> ediff documentation and I can't figure out how to do the following:
>
> I want to be able to jump the the next (or previous) diff that meets
> the following criteria:
>
> 	1) the prefered revision is buffer A
>
> 		  or
>
> 	2) there is a revision A/B conflict.
>
> I read *ediff info* on "selective browsing" but I don't understand how
> to use the #f or #h mechanism to achieve the objective I've described
> above.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Regards,
>   --jfc

* Re: ediff question ...
@ 2015-05-01  1:50   ` Robert Thorpe
From: Robert Thorpe @ 2015-05-01  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnuist006; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

gnuist006@gmail.com writes:

> Hi, Can anyone reply and explain what Cano Jonathan askd in 1997 ... ?
>
> On Thursday, February 6, 1997 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, cano_jonathan wrote:
>>
>> I'm using ediff to merge some files.  I've been reading through the
>> ediff documentation and I can't figure out how to do the following:
>>
>> I want to be able to jump the the next (or previous) diff that meets
>> the following criteria:
>>
>> 	1) the prefered revision is buffer A
>>
>> 		  or
>>
>> 	2) there is a revision A/B conflict.
>>
>> I read *ediff info* on "selective browsing" but I don't understand how
>> to use the #f or #h mechanism to achieve the objective I've described
>> above.

I have no idea.  I use diff-mode, not ediff.  It seems that regular
help-gnu-emacs readers don't know either.

Try asking at http://emacs.reddit.com/ the folks there are more into
fancy packages like ediff than people are here.

There's also smerge-mode which is new and introduces some new features.
I haven't tried it, but it may be useful for what you want.

BR,
Robert Thorpe

* Re: ediff question ...
@ 2015-05-01  2:46     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2015-05-01  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> fancy packages like ediff than people are here.

Fancy?

> There's also smerge-mode which is new and introduces some new features.

New?

* Re: ediff question ...
@ 2015-05-01 19:30       ` Robert Thorpe
From: Robert Thorpe @ 2015-05-01 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

>> fancy packages like ediff than people are here.
>
> Fancy?

Compared to diff-mode

>> There's also smerge-mode which is new and introduces some new features.
>
> New?

Well, new to me :)

BR,
Robert Thorpe