Stefan Monnier writes: >> arc-mode.el in the trunk has unrar-free hard-coded. unrar-free is no >> longer available in debian testing, and did not work correctly when >> it was available in the past. It would be better to use unar/lsar >> instead, see http://unarchiver.c3.cx/ > > Indeed, thanks for bringing it up. Could you provide a patch that > does that? I just installed a patch in master to use unar and lsar. My patch removes the use of the "unrar-free" binary completely as 1) it is no longer available in Fedora, Ubuntu and Debian and 2) it has been reported not to work properly, but I guess that's up for discussion. Cheers, Nico