all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* org-export-latex-verbatim-wrap error
@ 2015-11-18 14:35 Dushyant Juneja
From: Dushyant Juneja @ 2015-11-18 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

The above variable seems to have no effect on verbatim environments in org
mode 8.2.10. I tried Eric Schlute's example:
##############################
** simple latex verbatim wrap example
   :PROPERTIES:
   :DATE:     2011-05-05
   :END:
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent
  (setq org-export-latex-verbatim-wrap
        '("{\\scriptsize\n\\begin{verbatim}\n" . "\\end{verbatim}\n}\n"))
#+end_src

#+begin_src sh
  echo eric schulte
  echo another
#+end_src
################################

This, however, renders as in the pic below for me. Any hints/help would be
greatly appreciated - I am looking for using this in a report.

Dushyant
[image: pasted1]

[-- Attachment #2: pasted1 --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 15843 bytes --]

* Re: org-export-latex-verbatim-wrap error
@ 2015-11-18 16:51 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-11-18 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

Dushyant Juneja <juneja.dushyant@gmail.com> writes:

> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent
>   (setq org-export-latex-verbatim-wrap
>         '("{\\scriptsize\n\\begin{verbatim}\n" . "\\end{verbatim}\n}\n"))
> #+end_src

This variable doesn't exist since the switch to the ox export engine.

For LaTeX exports, you can format src blocks using verbatim, minted or the
listings package.  See the docstring of org-latex-listings.

For specific languages you can specify custom export environments.  See
the docstring of org-latex-custom-lang-environments.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
The right to be left alone is a human right

* Re: org-export-latex-verbatim-wrap error
@ 2015-11-19  6:57 ` Dushyant Juneja
From: Dushyant Juneja @ 2015-11-19  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Hi Rasmus,

Somehow, the replies never seem to reach my inbox. Some stubborn filter, I
guess.

> This variable doesn't exist since the switch to the ox export engine.

Thanks for the information on this one.

> For LaTeX exports, you can format src blocks using verbatim, minted or
the
> listings package.  See the docstring of org-latex-listings.

I could use listings for my application. However, there are a few issues:
1. (setq org-latex-listings 'listings) seems to take care only for src
blocks, not example blocks. The text between #+begin_example..#+end_example
is still exported to verbatim.

2. I am looking to 'frame' my lists, and possibly pass more options to the
listing environment. Is there a possibility to do this?

Please suggest a way out.

Dushyant

@ 2015-11-19 11:21   ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-11-19 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Dushyant,

Dushyant Juneja <juneja.dushyant@gmail.com> writes:

> Somehow, the replies never seem to reach my inbox. Some stubborn filter, I
> guess.

I may not have replied to your inbox.

> I could use listings for my application. However, there are a few issues:
> 1. (setq org-latex-listings 'listings) seems to take care only for src
> blocks, not example blocks. The text between #+begin_example..#+end_example
> is still exported to verbatim.

This is correct.  Perhaps listings has some pseudo language.  In any case,
you could use an export filter.  I think you might have to share a
concrete example to

> 2. I am looking to 'frame' my lists, and possibly pass more options to the
> listing environment. Is there a possibility to do this?

Sure, check the docstrings of org-latex-listings-options and
org-latex-listings.  E.g. something like

    (add-to-list 'org-latex-packages-alist '("" "listings"))
    (add-to-list 'org-latex-packages-alist "\lstset{....}")

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
Vote for proprietary math!