all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Different fonts per region
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 19:38:01 +0100	[thread overview]

Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> writes:

>>> HTML mail might actually have been useful and
>>> usable if everybody agreed to use only the Strict
>>> subset of HTML 4 or later, with no presentational
>>> markup or sender-defined CSS.
>>
>> HTML mail is horrible, and I completely disable it
>> in my mh-e setup. I don't want funny colors or
>> fonts in email. They're distracting just like all
>> the funny fonts people used to use when they
>> discovered Word, or all the useless crap on
>> PowerPoint slides.
>
> In other words, you completely agree with me.

Mail doesn't benefit from even the kind of HTML you
describe.

Mail should be focused to the point there shouldn't be
any need for any structure.

Mails should be super-fast to read *and* write!

If there is need for structure and extras the whole
thing should be put into a document - this could be
HTML or LaTeX or whatever - and this should be
published persistently - and the mail should instead
say "here is the material you need - use it!"

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573