all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Weird GTK3 3.2[01] tooltips
@ 2016-07-11 16:33 Dmitry Antipov
From: Dmitry Antipov @ 2016-07-11 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs development discussions

On my Fedora 24 system with GTK3 3.20 (and recently updated to 3.21),
there is an issue with tooltips - sometimes they're just not shown
when/where expected. GTK2 tooltips looks good. To help others to check
whether they have the same issue, there are two screencasts (~600Kb each):

GTK3 - http://37.139.80.10/tmp/gtk3.mp4
GTK2 - http://37.139.80.10/tmp/gtk2.mp4

It would be helpful to check against older GTK3 versions as well.

Dmitry

* Re: Weird GTK3 3.2[01] tooltips
@ 2016-08-22  3:50 ` Alex
From: Alex @ 2016-08-22  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Antipov; +Cc: Emacs development discussions

Dmitry Antipov <dmantipov@yandex.ru> writes:

> On my Fedora 24 system with GTK3 3.20 (and recently updated to 3.21),
> there is an issue with tooltips - sometimes they're just not shown
> when/where expected. GTK2 tooltips looks good. To help others to check
> whether they have the same issue, there are two screencasts (~600Kb each):
>
> GTK3 - http://37.139.80.10/tmp/gtk3.mp4
> GTK2 - http://37.139.80.10/tmp/gtk2.mp4
>
> It would be helpful to check against older GTK3 versions as well.
>
> Dmitry

I can confirm this on a Debian Stretch machine.

Have you filed a bug report on this?