all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [Ann] elisp-refs, a semantic elisp search tool (GNU ELPA request)
@ 2016-10-15  3:26 Wilfred Hughes
From: Wilfred Hughes @ 2016-10-15  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi emacs-devel

I've written a package [elisp-refs] that does a semantic search of all
the elisp in the current Emacs instance.

elisp-refs works by parsing all the code on `load-path', then walking
the sexps. This allows it to precisely find relevant forms.

For example, you can use elisp-refs-function to find all the calls to
the function `format', ignoring any variables of the same name. It's
even smart enough to understand that (apply #'format ...) is a
function call.

Unlike xrefs, elisp-refs is sexp-oriented, so it always shows full
sexp that matched your search, even if the result is on multiple
lines. Results are also syntax highlighted.

I hope this package is useful to some of you. I'd like to put it on
GNU ELPA, and I already have copyright assignment sorted. Would this
be possible?

Thanks
Wilfred

[elisp-refs]: https://github.com/Wilfred/elisp-refs