Drew Adams writes: > I must have done something after my init file was loaded that required > `dframe.elc' to be loaded, and that load overwrote bindings I made in my > init file. > > I don't know what I did that caused dframe to be loaded, but that > shouldn't matter. I don't think it should overwrite key bindings > just by being loaded. Yeah (it's probably the loading-on-completion thing again). > Shouldn't dframe.el bind its own commands to `special-event-map' keys > only if those keys are not already bound? > I don't know what it's doing or why, but this doesn't seem very polite > of it. Why should it think that just by being loaded it should > (re-)bind keys? The root problem is that there is no easy way to share the bindings. I think those keys should be bound to a function which calls runs a hook, like focus-in and focus-out events are. Actually, it sort of looks like dframe is trying to install such a hook; the functions it puts don't do anything except call `dframe-make-frame-{visible,iconify,delete}-function'. Anyway, at a minimum, we can't have keybindings being modified by just a load. Here's a patch which moves the keybinding to dframe-frame-mode activation instead.