Michael Albinus writes: > "Basil L. Contovounesios" writes: > >> I attach a sample program test.el whose central function, test-slave, >> invokes wget asynchronously before waiting for the process to exit. >> >> The issue I'm facing is that running test-slave twice in succession, >> each time in a new thread, causes accept-process-output to hang with no >> output (unless a timeout argument is given, in which case the function >> returns nil) the second time around. > > If you want a process to communicate in a given thread, you must call > `set-process-thread'. See the elisp manual. Thanks, this is the first thing I tried when earlier experiments started to hang. I tried both the following redundant but explicit call: