all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Issues with multi-hop in TRAMP
@ 2019-02-14 19:48 Jordan Wilson
From: Jordan Wilson @ 2019-02-14 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I'm using Emacs 26.1 on Windows 10.

I'm trying to get the following multi-hop to work in TRAMP:
    /plink:username@machine|sshx:username@machine2:

(i.e. connect to a "machine" using plink and then from there connect to
    "machine2" using sshx)

The first time this is run it will first try to connect to "machine2"
via sshx on my local machine. This causes Emacs to hang, and I have to
kill the resulting "ssh" child process. The connection will then go
through as expected. All future connections seem to work.

Looking, it seems Windows 10 comes with a version of OpenSSH, and
presumably some incompatibility between Emacs/TRAMP and that version of
ssh is causing a hang. But I'm confused as to why "sshx" is being
called on my local machine at all.

Is my multi-hop line above correct?

Jordan Wilson
    Sent from Gnus v5.13, GNU Emacs 26.1