Leo Butler writes: > What is the name of the regexp used by xref-find-definitions to determine > the identifier? I have looked in xref.el, but I don't see any way to do > this. Depending on the backend, it will call the method xref-backend-identifier-at-point, that defaults to symbol-at-point, so it doesn't use a regular expression in that sense. > Leo > > PS: > > M-. runs the command xref-find-definitions (found in global-map), > which is an autoloaded interactive compiled Lisp function in > ‘xref.el’. > > It is bound to M-., . > > (xref-find-definitions IDENTIFIER) > > Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 25.1. > > Find the definition of the identifier at point. > With prefix argument or when there’s no identifier at point, > prompt for it. > > If sufficient information is available to determine a unique > definition for IDENTIFIER, display it in the selected window. > Otherwise, display the list of the possible definitions in a > buffer where the user can select from the list. > > > -- Philip K.