Eli Zaretskii writes: >> I'm not sure if Emacs has a policy regarding the signing of everyday >> contributions > > It does. From CONTRIBUTE: > > - Commit messages should not contain the "Signed-off-by:" lines that > are used in some other projects. Thanks. I could certainly use a good reread of CONTRIBUTE. I guess in this case, I was more confused about what role a PGP-signed patch (like the OP's) could ever play in workflows that incorporate PGP commit signing and whether Emacs had a stance on that sort of signing in general. The first part (I now realize) makes little sense because it's only committers who sign commits. And so a PGP-signed patch (like a PGP-signed email) can only get as far as the bug tracker. As for the second part, PGP-signed commits appear to be relatively rare in Emacs. Among the most recent 10K or so commits reachable from HEAD, it seems only around 1% have been signed (list attached). >> Also, question: is there formal recordkeeping going on re exempt >> lines accumulated per individual? And if not, is the recommended way >> to get a tally just `git log --author=`? > > I don't think I understand what you are asking here, please elaborate. Apologies for the unintelligible mumblage. Somehow (believe it or not), I was trying to ask whether there's a system in place for keeping track of the number of non-trivial changes a non-paperwork holder has made so far. By "system" I guess I mean a person in charge of recording such information or perhaps a table somewhere to consult. But if it's less formal than all that, I suppose I'll just rely on the git history and whatever an author self-reports. Thanks.