Michael Albinus writes: > Philip Kaludercic writes: > > Hi Philip, > >> But the question here remains precisely what to use instead of the >> literal "/bin/sh"? > > Well, if there isn't a better value, "/bin/sh" should serve as > fallback. In my experience with Tramp, it works on most of the remote > systems. It doesn't work on remote Android devices, for example. But > the > number of Emacs < 27 users, running xref-* on a remote Android device, > is rather limited I believe. > > POSIX declines this assumptions. It recommends to call "command -v sh" > in order to determine the shell path, see > . > > Best regards, Michael. In that case, I'd propose this patch: