Package: emacs Tags: patch Severity: wishlist Hello, ‘mailcap-add-mailcap-entry’ is written in a way that makes it hard to follow. My patch aims to improve its readability. In order to show that my modification retains the original functionality, another Patch adds ERT test cases for this function. The new version also shows clearer an issue with the current implementation that causes some mailcap entries to be forgotten; this is mentioned in a comment. A docstring for the function is added as well. As was suggested by Lars in March on the emacs-devel mailing list [1], I am submitting my patches now to the bug tracker for them not to be forgotten (which I should have done then – but life got in the way). By now, I have signed the copyright assignment papers, and they have been processed. Footnotes: [1] Message-ID: <878rt3nync.fsf@gnus.org> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-03/msg00593.html -- Felix Dietrich