Yuri D'Elia writes: Hi Yuri & Eli, > On Mon, Apr 03 2023, Michael Albinus wrote: >>> IMHO if lock creation is inhibited, we could still attempt to remove the >>> lock to keep the old behavior, but then the warning shouldn't be >>> generated as you don't expect the lock to exist in the normal case. >> >> That might be an option. But it wouldn't fix your use case, where you >> try to avoid the file locking machinery for remote files at all. > > No, but it would fix an unexpected warning for both tramp and local > files, which I think is beneficial. > > On Mon, Apr 03 2023, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> How about trying to remove the lock file, but if creation of lock >> files is disabled, suppressing the warning? > > As above. See appended patch. Shall it go to the emacs-29 or master branch? Best regards, Michael.