Eli Zaretskii writes: >> (defcustom org-num-skip-tags nil > ... >> :safe (lambda (val) (and (listp val) (cl-every #'stringp val)))) >> >> Note that org-num.el where `org-num-skip-tags' is defined does have >> (require 'cl-lib). >> >> IMHO, there is some problem either with loaddefs generation or with the >> fact that loaddefs file is compiled at all. > > No, the problem is that this variable uses cl-lib stuff for safep > functions. IMO, this is not a good idea, and the above situation is > precisely the evidence for that. > >> Of course, we can always convert that lambda into a proper function, >> which will likely get rid of the warning. > > Yes, please. Emacs 28 and later has list-of-strings-p, but if you > want to support older versions of Emacs, perhaps that's not usable. > Or maybe we could add that to compat.el. Org cannot directly use compat.el for now. I am attaching tentative patch that defines a compatibility alias and autoloads it. Is this approach good enough?